People on the internet scroll out on social media channels, especially Instagram, to explore their creativity and get a wider reach. The Instagram algorithm works to show new and relevant content that match individual users’ interests taking into account their past preferences and tastes. Among them, suggested posts are a perfect key to discover content on Instagram from the creators of your interest. But the thing is, everyone on Instagram will not wish to see the suggested posts from a person they do not follow. As an added advantage, there are quick ways to understand how to turn off suggested posts on Instagram. Before getting into the methods to hide suggested posts, let us see a short intro of suggested posts.
What Are Suggested Posts On Instagram?
Instagram shows the suggested posts from the unfollowed accounts based on your recent activity on the internet. Getting on to the suggested posts helps to discover new things. The suggested posts on Instagram appear according to the recent posts from the accounts you follow or from the posts on which you show greater engagement. But how to gain more engagement for your videos? Publish a short video with fascinating concepts and encourage users to post comments on your reels, thus making the algorithm to display as the suggested posts on similar Instagram accounts.
How To Turn Off Suggested Posts On Instagram?
Some people coming across the Instagram feed will not like to view the content from suggested posts. In order to help them, there are solutions on how to turn off suggested posts on Instagram. Moreover, there is no exact option to turn off suggested posts permanently. Instead, you can get the post only from your followers on your feed. To do that:
- Choose an Instagram present at the top of your feed.
- Then, click on Following to get it done.
But there are slight differences in disabling suggested posts for Android and iPhone users on Instagram. Let us now get on to the below steps to find out solutions for both users.
How To Disable Suggested Posts On Instagram For Android?
Are you ready to remove suggested posts on your feed? Follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Click on the suggested post you wish not to receive on your Instagram feed.
- Tap on the three dots available at the top right corner of the post.
- Choose the Not Interested option from the list or hide the post by tapping the X icon displayed above the post.
While hiding a post, there are the following options available:
- Click on the X icon to restrict the algorithm from showing similar content in your Instagram feed.
- Or, choose the Clock icon to get a snooze of those suggested posts after 30 days.
- If the above two methods do not work out, click on the three horizontal lines to report the post by tapping the Report option.
How To Disable Suggested Posts On Instagram For iPhone?
Like Android users, iPhone users can hide suggested posts on Instagram. The steps to be followed on iPhone are:
- Tap the horizontal lines present at the top-right corner of the suggested post.
- Click the Not interested option or choose the X icon present above.
Next to the Post hidden option, get through the following action:
- Click the X mark to stop getting similar posts in your Instagram feed.
- Or, choose ‘This Post Made Me Uncomfortable’ to report.
Therefore, selecting the options will reflect in the suggested posts of your feed.
Can I Remove Suggested Posts On Instagram Permanently?
No! Unfortunately, there is no such option to remove or disable the entire suggested posts on the Instagram feed. However, you can hide the specific suggested posts by clicking the Not Interested option.
Update In 2022:
As a result, Instagram worked on the people’s request and launched the option to snooze suggested posts on the feed for a period of 30 days. But the option is available only in the selected regions for a test and trial process.
Instagram is a user-friendly application with enormous features that helps audiences to enjoy using the application to a greater extent. Hopefully, the above guide gave you a clear idea to turn off suggested posts on Instagram that you are not interested in viewing on your feed.
Tips for attracting new TikTok followers (2023)
How To Clear Instagram Cache On Iphone And Android
5 Engaging Ways To Acquire New Consumers On TikTok